My absolute favorite banana bread recipe (as seen on Well + Good’s Alt Baking Bootcamp!), this recipe is a stable in my house. Make this whenever you have brown bananas at home. Enjoy!
RECIPE: Grain Free Banana Bread
Bake time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
3 bananas (2 overripe with brown spots, 1 fresh)
1 cup almond flour
¼ cup coconut flour
2 organic pasture raised eggs
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp ghee or grass fed butter (* could sup coconut oil as well)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and line a 9 inch loaf pan with parchment paper (I line the middle, letting the edges of the paper fall over the edge of the pan, and grease the sides with butter or ghee for easy removal).
2. Lightly mash two overripe bananas and add to bowl of a standing mixing. Add ghee or butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and eggs, and mix until thoroughly combine.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
4. Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and mix until incorporated. Turn off mixer and use a spatula to give the dough a good stir.
5. Place dough in loaf pan. The dough is thick, so use a spatula to even it out.
6. Cut your fresh banana in half lengthwise and press into the top of the dough.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
8. When finished, use the edges of the parchment paper to lift the banana bread out of pan.