A tasty twist on a holiday classic, these grain free cookies do not disappoint. Made without eggs or refined sugars, these little nuggets were coined by a friend as “ghee-gan” (meaning vegan but with ghee). Enjoy! xx
RECIPE: FIVE SPICE GINGERSNAP COOKIES
Makes: 10-12 cookies
Time: 30 minutes (plus chill time)
1 flax egg (1tbsp of flax mixed with 3 tbsp water)
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup almond butter
3 tbsp molasses
1/2 cup ghee
3/4 cup paleo flour (I like bob’s red mill)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp five spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Put flax and water in mixing bowl, stir to combine and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add almond butter, coconut sugar, ghee, molasses and vanilla, and beat with a hand mixer or kitchen aid until well combined.
3. Mix flours, spices, salt and baking soda together and slowly incorporate into mixture.
4. Let chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350, line baking sheet with parchment.
6. Scoop our 1-2 tbsp of dough and flatten in disks (about the size of a golf ball).
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until springy in the middle but firm on the outside.